Los Angeles, CA
Formally educated in classical and ethnic music genres.
Experience composing soundtracks for animations and interactive media.
ENSEMBLE / PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Vermouth, Santa Cruz/ Los Angeles, CA 04/98-Present
Nevenka, Los Angeles, CA 08/05-Present
- An original RetroFuture Pop Exotica band founded by Justine Kragen and Steve McDonald.
- Compose, sing, and play guitar & bass.
Gamelan Silih Ganti, Los Angeles, CA 07/05-2008
- A Los Angeles-based women's folk chorus performing songs from Eastern Europe.
Gamelan Burat Wangi, Valencia, CA 10/04-2008
- A Balinese gamelan quartet from the Angklung Kebyar tradition
Santa Cruz Chorale, Santa Cruz, CA 11/03-06/04
- A Gamelan Gong Kebyar ensemble directed by
I Nyoman Wenten at California Institute of the Arts.
- Performed at Disney Hall (03/22/06)
Petra Haden & the Sellouts, Los Angeles CA 04/05-2007
- Sang (first soprano) under the direction of
- Performed in the "American Gamelan" percussion ensemble for Lou Harrison's La Koro Sutro, conducted by
Gamelan Anak Swarasanti, Santa Cruz, CA 1997-2004
Taki Ñan, University of California, Santa Cruz 01/93- 06/98
- Performed traditional and experimental Balinese Anklung and Belaganjur music.
- Founding member
20th Century Fox, Los Angeles, CA
- Performed in a 14-person Latin American ensemble specializing in traditional folk music genres.
- Played panpipes, guitar, charango, bombo, cajon and various idiophones.
- Sang in Spanish and Quechua
- Made scary vocal sounds for The Omen (opening 06/06/06)- Worked with Marco Beltrami / Buck Sanders.
- Sang Choral works for
Home Alone soundtrack (conducted by John Williams, 1990).
- Bachelor of Arts in Music- University of California, Santa Cruz- 06/96
- Majored in Classical Guitar
- Also studied Orchestration, Composition, Electronic Music, Voice, Latin American Music, and Balinese Gamelan.